What is the purpose of Camp Pride Korea?
- Have fun and build relationships with other Korean adoptees and their siblings
- Develop awareness, understanding, and appreciation of Korean culture
- Develop awareness and appreciation of the contributions of Korean culture to our past and present society
- To enhance self-esteem as a member of an adoptive family
- To provide a friendly, supportive, and positive atmosphere for all participants
Camp is run by parent volunteers under the direction of the steering committee and the coordinators. Parents will find volunteering a valuable experience – learning about Korea, sharing with other parents, meeting Korean staff, etc. An additional stipend will be granted to the steering committee, coordinators, teachers, and other volunteers. All volunteers will receive a Camp shirt for volunteering five days. Additional shirts may be purchased.